Status as Associated Institution is given to academic or cultural non-profit institutions who have the same general objectives as APUNE.
Organizations that become Associated Institutions can participate in all of APUNE activities, receive all member information, and consult with the coordinator. They do not have voting capability and can not form part of any committee, however, they will be more prepared to receive American students.
The status of associated institution will be reviewed yearly and the organization must pay the minimum fee of a full-rights member.
List of Associated Institutions
- Alcalingua, Universidad de Alcalá- Alcalingua is the centre of Alcalá University dedicated to teaching Spanish to foreign students. Its activities include different educational aspects: teaching Spanish language and culture, teachers training, Spanish for specific purposes, special programs for companies, Spanish for immigrants…. The University of Alcalá, one of the oldest in Europe, was founded by Cardinal Cisneros in 1499. Today the University of Alcalá, located 30 kilometers from Madrid, has 26,000 students and three different campus. A wide range of 42 official degrees, 35 doctoral programs and 40 Masters are taught in the University, including subjects like Humanities, Computer Science, Law, Medicine or Environmental Sciences. In 1998 the university was recognized as World Heritage by UNESCO. For further information: www.alcalingua.com.
- College for International Studies- Since 1981, CIS (The College for International Studies) has been recognized internationally for the solid educational foundation it provides to its students during some of the most formative years of their lives, as well as for greatly contributing to their success after their time at the school. Many CIS alumni have reached important positions in their own careers and are now working in a great variety of national, and multinational environments.
- Centro de Lenguas Modernas de la Universidad de Granada - El Centro de Lenguas Modernas de la Universidad de Granada (CLM) es una institución dependiente de dicha Universidad dedicado a enseñar multitud de idiomas modernos, tanto extranjeros como de lengua y cultura españolas. Está situado en el barrio del Realejo, en el recientemente restaurado Palacio de Santa Cruz, del siglo XVI. Actualmente los cursos de lenguas extranjeras impartidos son inglés, francés, italiano, alemán, árabe, chino mandarín, griego moderno, japonés, neerlandés, portugués, ruso y sueco. Un importante atractivo para los estudiantes de la Universidad de Granada es que los cursos superados en el centro pueden ser convalidados como créditos de libre elección, que computan como parte de los requisitos para la obtención de un título universitario.
- Davidson College - Davidson is a liberal arts college dedicated to cultivating humane instincts and disciplined, creative minds. As a college that welcomes students, faculty, and staff from a variety of nationalities, ethnic groups, and traditions, Davidson values every kind of diversity, recognizing the dignity and worth of every person while providing a range of opportunities for worship, civil debate, and teaching that enrich mind and spirit. Davidson challenges students to engage in service to prepare themselves for lives of growth and giving.
- IE Business School- IE Business School was founded by entrepreneurs in 1973, the entrepreneurial vein runs deep at IE, where business creation is seen as an engine for growth, value generation, employment and social well-being. IE Business School is recognized as one of the best business schools in the world and our MBA program was ranked 6th worldwide by the Financial Times in 2010.The School has an urban campus in Madrid and a faculty of more than 600 professors, who teach students from 88 countries on its master, PhD and executive educationn programs. IE students use innovative online and presential learning formats, including the IE Communities platform where they exchange knowledge and experiences with 40,000 IE graduates that currently hold management positions in over 100 countries.
- Meddeas, Auxiliares de Conversación- Multilingual Education Development and Support (Meddeas) is a company specialized in giving support services to multilingualism -and bilingualism- in educational centres, providing consultancy, selecting native teachers and offering language assistant programs.
Morocco Exchange- Morocco Exchange is a non-profit organization that has been developed in response to the current world political situation. Morocco Exchange offers college and high school students the opportunity for both intensive personal growth and a monumental physical journey of discovery in Morocco.
- Schiller International University- Founded in 1964 by Dr. Walter Leibrecht, Schiller International University was created as a private American University dedicated to the active development and encouragement of international understanding. Founded in 1964 by Dr. Walter Leibrecht, Schiller International University was created as a private American University dedicated to the active development and encouragement of international understanding. This exciting global growth trend has continued, and to date, Schiller International University has educated more than 20,000 students from more than 100 countries across its campuses in the United States, France, Germany, Spain and the UK.
- School Year Abroad- School Year Abroad is the only secondary-level program which allows students to live with a European or Asian family for an entire academic year while earning U.S. graduation credits and preparing for selective U.S. colleges and universities. Founded in 1964 by Phillips Academy in Andover, Mass., SYA is supported by a consortium of 40 top independent schools across the country. Each year each one of our schools in China, France, Italy, Spain, Vietnam and Japan enrolls approximately 60 students to complete their junior or senior year of high school.
- Spain Education Programs C. XXI- Spain Education Programs CXXI (SEP) is a non-profit organization created in 2008 by a group of study abroad professionals, based in Madrid, seeking to provide quality affordable opportunities for U.S. students to study at Spanish public and private universities and for Spanish students to attend U.S. universities. SEP works with a group of prestigious Spanish higher education institutions
providing human and financial resources to explore, establish, and promote student and faculty exchanges with academic departments of U.S. Universities.
- St. Louis University in Madrid-Saint Louis University, one of the leading Jesuit institutions in the U.S., is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges. In Spain, the Madrid Campus, founded in 1967, is officially recognized as an institution of higher learning by the province's Consejería de Educación y Cultura. The Madrid Campus offers the same rigorous curriculum as the St. Louis campus: nearly 200 courses each semester, taught in English and Spanish, in a wide range of disciplines including science, health science, engineering, aviation, social sciences, humanities, and business. All levels of Spanish are offered, from introductory language classes to graduate-level literature courses. Student from any accredited university with a 2.5 or higher GPA (or equivalent) are welcome to apply.
- Universidad Antonio de Nebrija- For more than 15 years, Nebrija University has received students from all over the world who come to spend a period of their academic training with us. Every effort is made to integrate international students into daily university life. In the majority of programmes, they attend classes side-by-side with Spanish students. Students can take courses in their area of specialisation, design their own curriculum (taking courses of their choice), or take only courses in Spanish Language and Culture to enhance their level of Spanish. International students are students in their own right at Nebrija. They have access to all activities and general services (libraries, computer labs, sports facilities, etc.) and all extra-curricular activities as well.
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid- Carlos III was created in 1989 and at present has more than 18,000 students enrolled. It has three campuses and three Faculties (Jurisprudence, Humanities and Engineering) as well as the Advanced Studies Center that offers Masters and Doctorate programs, and a Scientific Compound situated in Leganes. It offers a wide variety of bilingual programs with a strong internationalization emphasis, with more than 20% of the students participating in some type of mobility program and agreements with universities from the five continents. In the year 2009 it was granted the International Excellence Campus recognition.
- Universidad Francisco de Vitoria- The Universidad Francisco de Vitoria (UFV) opened its doors in October of 1993, as a University Centre affiliated with the Universidad Complutense of Madrid. In 2001 it was fully accredited by the Spanish Ministry of Education as a private university. They combine the European tradition with a practical approach typical in America and the education is based upon an integrated and complete education. Volunteering and Social Action are fundamental to our educational vision.
- Universidad de Cantabria- The University of Cantabria is a young modern public institution whose main purpose is to contribute to social progress through a firm commitment to teaching and scientific excellence. In order to achieve its goals, it strives to constantly improve the quality of its work through a process that revises and improves its teaching, research and administrative activities. The application of this process has made the UC outstanding among Spanish universities due to its quality and scientific productivity.
- Universidad de León- The Universidad de León is a young university but is heir to a rich tradition of accredited academic prestige. Our commitment is to attain excellence in teaching, research and innovation and to contribute to society by educating dynamic graduates who are ready to enter the labour market. Our focus is mainly on human development, paying special attention to the environment and educational values. We also aim to serve as an academic reference for administrations, businesses and the professional world.
- Universidad Miguel Hernández- The Miguel Hernández University of Elche (UMH) is a public university, open to the world, offering prestigious education, excellent research, and quality services facilitating the comprehensive development of its students and their insertion into the labor market. The UMH offers Bachelor's degrees and Official Master's adapted to the European Higher Education Area in the fields of arts, experimental and technical sciences, engineering, and health and social sciences on its four university campuses (Elche, Altea, Orihuela and Sant Joan d´Alacant). The UMH educational model has as central axis the education of its students, the acquisition of professional skills, doing business internships, national and international exchanges, and the development of attitudes like effort, initiative, self-learning and the capacity to undertake. The UMH is equipped with the most modern infrastructure and technological equipment, making possible the development of new methodologies applicable to all its degree programs. The UMH is particularly concerned about its students entering the labor market. Here the University has excelled, achieving excellent results thanks to the 6,000 businesses maintaining collaboration agreements with the University. Moreover, it has been confirmed to be an academic institution committed to quality, as it was recently renewed with the European Seal of Excellence Gold level for the third time. The UMH is the only Spanish university to obtain this on three occasions. The UMH has signed many national and international agreements to promote the mobility of its students and attract foreign students. In its bid for its internationalization, the UMH has set in motion a complete program of activities to facilitate foreign academic stays and to receive students who wish to complete their education in our classrooms. Quality research characterizes the UMH, as a study done by the University of Granada on the research productivity of Spanish public universities shows. Their study places the UMH in the eighth position for 2010, and highlighted is its second position when the number of publications in JCR journals is analyzed, its eighth position for R&D projects, and fourth position for patents. UMH research activities are highly related to its socioeconomic surroundings, but moreover many of its laboratories possess levels of excellence recognized on national and international levels.
- Universidad del Pais Vasco- The University of the Basque Country has been certified 'Campus of International Excellence' by the Spanish Ministry of Education. Alongside our fields of specialisation, projects carried out by our research groups result in largely positive numbers and statistics: we requested 171 patents in the last 5 years, have so far obtained an 11 million-euro income for transfer-originated activities and produced 1,586 articles in indexed journals in the last 12 months. The University of the Basque Country is at the helm of Research, Development and Innovation in a region which stands out as one of the most prosperous in Europe. Our Three campuses are located in the main cities of the Basque Country: Vitoria-Gasteiz (administrative capital of the autonomous community), Bilbao (the biggest city in the region) and San Sebastian.
- Universidad de las Palmas de Gran Canarias- The ULPGC offers a wide range of degress in all the major fields of knowledge. ULPGC students receive support for on-site classes through the e-training platform and may also take specific harmonization courses for the most difficult subjects in the first year of the degree course. There are more than 1,500 lecturers at the ULPGC carrying out important research work under the auspices of the University’s 161 research groups, some of which are leaders in their field at an international level. There are also research centres and University Research Institutes. The ULPGC currently leads 286 research projects.
- Universidad Politecnica de Valencia- The Polytechnic University of Valencia is a Spanish university with a focus on science and technology. It was founded in 1968 as the Higher Polytechnic School of Valencia and became a university in 1971, but some of its schools are more than 100 years old.
- Universidad de Zaragoza- The University of Zaragoza is the main centre of technological innovation in the Ebro Valley and has great prestige among the group of both Spanish and European universities it has relations with.
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela- With more than five centuries of tradition, the University of Santiago de Compostela is a historic institution that projects itself to the future and beyond its frontiers, always attentive to the different demands of society, where it stands as an important academic frame of reference and where it develops its academic, research work. Centuries of history give the University an special capacity to merge the experience, security and confidence with present and future challenges.
- Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona- The Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona was founded in 1968. The founders aimed to establish four principles of autonomy: freedom to select teaching staff, admission available to all students (but with a limited number), freedom to create its own study plans and freedom to administrate the University's capital. It is therefore a young university, but in its short history it has moved forward at a rapid pace.
- Universitat de Girona- The University of Girona is a public institution devoted to excellence in teaching and research and to participating in theprogress and development of society through the creation, transmission, dissemination and criticism of knowledge related to the sciences, technology, the humanities, the social sciences and the arts. The University of Girona, deeply rooted in Catalonia and Catalan culture, is one of the primary economic and cultural motors of the region. At the same time, it pursues a vocation of universality and openness to all traditions and cultures. The University, located in the city of Girona, is a part of the Catalan public university system.
- Universitat Jaume I- Universitat Jaume I (UJI) came into being as a higher education and research centre on 27 February 1991 to meet the unanimous social demand in the Castelló area. It was also the fruit of a tradition in education inherited from the Teacher Training studies at the old University College of Castelló (Col·legi Universitari de Castelló, CUC), which dated from 1969. In its first year, the ten lecturers at the CUC gave classes to 21 Science students and 85 from Philosophy and Arts. The CUC became part of the Universitat de València at the end of 1979.
- Universitat Rovira i Virgili- The URV, located in Tarragona (Spain) was created in 1991 by the Parliament of Catalonia from the already existing university faculties and schools. In this way, the University of Tarragona back on the 16th century was restored. From the very first day its aim has been very clear: to place knowledge at the service of society so as to contribute to the social and economic development of its environment, which has gradually transformed over time. The URV trains more than 12,000 students every year and is one of the leading universities in Spain and in the European area for the quality of its teaching and excellence of its research, development and innovation. As a university that is open to the world, the URV aspires to increase its international visibility, promote the internationalization of its students, teaching and administrative staff, and attract international students. The Study Abroad program came into being as a tool to achieve all this.
- Universitat de Barcelona- The University of Barcelona is the most formidable public institution of higher education in Catalonia, catering to the needs of the greatest number of students and delivering the broadest and most comprehensive offering in higher educational courses. The UB is also the principal centre of university research in Spain and has become a European benchmark for research activity, both in terms of the number of research programs it conducts and the excellence these have achieved.
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra- UPF is a young, public and modern university founded in 1990 and called to become one of the leading European universities. Awarded with a CEI label (International Excellence Campus) by the Spanish Ministry of Education, UPF's indicators have made it a benchmark for the Spanish and European university systems. In recent years, the University has begun to figure prominently in some prestigious international rankings.
- University of Granada- Founded almost five hundred years ago, in 1531, the Universidad de Granada has grown in close symbiosis with society and has become a benchmark in terms of both the quality of its teaching and research and, with a particular emphasis, its cooperation and development activities. Our institution combines the wealth of experience that comes with its lengthy tradition with the dynamism and youth of almost 60,000 undergraduates; the number of students rises to 80,000 when postgraduates and students studying additional courses are taken into account. The Universidad de Granada welcomes more students from international mobility programs than any other Spanish university.
- University of San Diego- Founded in 1949 in the heart of San Diego, USD has grown to become a premier institution dedicated to providing academic excellence, Catholic intellectual and social traditions, and a top-notch liberal arts education for scholars of all faiths. USD is committed to the intellectual, spiritual, and overall development of its student body.
- Universidad Castilla-La Mancha- The formal establishment, by Law, of the University of Castilla-La Mancha dates from 1982, but in October 1985 is when the actual birth takes place. The University of Castilla-La Mancha is a regional institution that has four campuses: Albacete, Ciudad Real, Cuenca and Toledo, and extends its teaching to the communities of Almaden, Puertollano and Talavera de la Reina. The central government of the University is located in Ciudad Real, home of the Chancellor. At the same time, its vice chancellors on each campus are endowed with great autonomy. All campuses are connected by a fiber optic network capable of allowing up to thirty simultaneous videoconferences used for training and management and that, along with an internal information system for television, puts together everything that happens in the University.
- Universidad Europea de Madrid- The European University of Madrid began its journey in 1989 as a part of the Complutense University of Madrid. On July 17, 1995, by Act of Parliament, it was approved as a private university under the name of European University of Madrid. Currently, the European University of Madrid belongs to Laureate International Universities, a world network of private universities. This network brings together 43 institutions of higher education in 20 countries, with more than 500,000 students in its 100 campuses.
- Universitat Internacional de Catalunya- The Universitat Internacional de Catalunya (UIC) is a private, nonprofit university, sponsored by the Catalan Family Foundation according to the principles of Christian humanism. Since 1997, the UIC seeks to serve society by providing a comprehensive quality university education and promoting research.
- Universidad Loyola Andalucía- Loyola Andalucía University has its origin in ETEA, Faculty of Economics and Business of Córdoba, with experience in higher education since 1963. The Jesuit educational tradition was born with the beginnings of the Society of Jesus in 1540. Its founder, Ignatius of Loyola, served society through education, dialogue and convergence of faith with science. The Company was the first religious order to found a college, the Roman College in 1551. Today there are 231 universities in over 70 countries with more than 18,000 Jesuits over 160,000 members and secular people of all denominations.